Anonymous, the online activist group, announced earlier today that it has found information which indicates that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has plans for multiple terrorist attacks around the world on Sunday, November 22. The locations include France, the United States, Indonesia, Italy, and Lebanon.
OpParisIntel, a group within Anonymous, released a statement saying it had collected information about imminent attacks ISIS, including on Paris just a little more than a week after a series of coordinated attacks there left 130 dead and hundreds injured.
Additionally, Anonymous said ISIS is planning an assault on the WWE Survivor Series event scheduled to take place in the Philips Arena in Atlanta Sunday at 7.30 p.m.
Here are the targets identified by Anonymous:
- Demonstration by Collectif du droit des femmes (Paris)
- Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)
- Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)
- Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
- Al-Jihad, One Day Juz (Indonesia)
- Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)
- University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)
In their posting, Anonymous also remarked:
“We only appeared now because our goal was to remain undercover and report everything to the right authorities and let them take all the action. But when authorities do not take action, Anonymous does. This part of the op started last Monday and has, and will be active 24 hours a day as long as the op is going on.”
Just last week, Anonymous declared war on ISIS and vowed to track it down online as part of Operation Paris (or OpParis). Since then, the online group has released a guide for all who wish to take part in the operation. Tens of thousands of Twitter accounts and websites have used by ISIS have already been taken offline, Anonymous says. ISIS has responded to the threat from Anonymous by warning of a reciprocal attack against the activist group.