Love him or hate him, Michael Moore has his finger on the political pulse of the rust belt of America. Not only that, Moore is already talking about President-elect Donald Trump’s impeachment.
And let’s get something straight, the Electoral College doesn’t actually elect a president until December 19. Until then, it’s the media who has branded Trump the winner.
So, with the Electoral College vote looming, but unlikely to remove Trump, Moore has created a practical and actionable approach to a Trump impeachment.
Moore cites how members of the GOP had plans to oust Hillary Clinton the moment she took office, if that were the case.
Well, now it’s the left who are gathering to shove the orange menace out the White House door. Moore has this to say:
- Call on the DNC to eliminate superdelegates and stop meddling in and manipulating the Democratic primaries.
- Next, get rid of the Electoral College. Count the popular vote only.
- Use paper ballots only. No electronic voting.
- He suggests Election Day be made a holiday for everyone or held on a weekend so more people can vote. This is a great idea.
- All citizens, including criminals in the system, must be able to vote.
- Commit to a vigorous fight including civil disobedience, if necessary. This also includes peaceful protests on the street, through the mail, through social media and email. which will block any and all Donald Trump Supreme Court nominees who do not meet our approval.
- Demand the DNC apologize to Bernie Sanders for trying to fix the primaries against him and other other mistakes and intentional mishaps they engaged in.
- Demand that President Obama establish a Special Prosecutor to investigate FBI Director James Comey’s illegal interference just days before the vote was held.
Moore even urges us to lean on President Obama to send in the Army Corps of Engineers into Flint Michigan to replace the poisoned pipe system. The water in Flint is still unusable and has been for more than a year.
This is big.
If nothing else a President-elect Donald Trump should mobilize and galvanize the progressive left like never before. The orange menace is not what this country needs or wants!
Michael Moore also has a movie coming out called Trumpland. It highlights many of the reasons why Donald Trump will soon devolve into the ranting mess we experienced during the campaign.
The points Moore cites are doable for all of us. If you’re reading this you have access to a computer and presumably email. That’s all you need to write to your representative and urge them do one or more on the above list. Our country thanks you for it.