Writing for Liberal America
IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not accept promoted posts. Everything on our site is for the purpose of furthering the liberal agenda.
We are always looking for talented writers to cover the following topics:
- Liberal and progressive politics
- Exposing the hypocrisy of the religious right
- Conservative/Republican fails
- Life & Style articles that can be tied into a human interest or cultural angle
- LGBT issues
- Responsible gun solutions
- Women’s rights
- Immigration reform
- Other news of interest to American liberals and progressives
- Knowledge of WordPress or ability to learn WordPress on your own
- Flawless grammar and spelling
- Minimum of one article per week, but you can write more than that if you want
- English fluency
- Knowledge of what’s going on in American politics and the issues facing Americans
We use Copyscape to check every work submitted. We are not interested in reprints of previously published work, though you can send this as a sample when you apply.
Your first couple of pieces will be reviewed and edited by Tiff or Joe, then we’ll cut you loose on your own as an author to publish your own work.
Because Facebook has deleted our Facebook page, we are no longer able to pay writers and editors. We accept contributors on a volunteer basis only.
How to Apply as a Volunteer Contributor
- Review our site to get a feel for what we write and our unique style.
- Send a brief writing sample (pasted in the body of an email) or a link to a previously published work that you think is similar in style to ours to tiff (at) liberalamerica (dot) org. Type the email correctly when you send the email. We put it this way because spam spiders grab emails from websites.
Your sample can be something you’ve already written or a link to your web-published work. It doesn’t necessarily have to be political, but writers with experience writing in our style will be given special consideration
- We don’t need your resume, but a list of your experience and credentials in your email is appreciated.
- Please do not send attachments. We will not open them.