While our alleged president, Donald Trump, continues to obsess over his size issues, he is wreaking havoc on our country, as well as our planet. He has been in the White House for one week. In that small amount of time he has managed to validate the fears of liberals all around the globe. Years of progress have been wiped out with the stroke of a pen held by a tiny hand.
Our country has a narcissistic toddler at the wheel and his actions will be felt on a global scale. The threat he poses towards our environment could be irreversible. From the ridiculous claim that climate change is a hoax to his choice of Scott Pruitt as the administrator of the EPA, Trump has already taken steps to ensure that the carnage on our planet goes unchecked.
The flurry of activity this week is hard to sift through. So far, the attacks on civil liberties have been plentiful. Trump has proved that his Napoleon complex will dominate his time in the White House.
- Repealing (without replacing) Obamacare
- Immediately begin working on the wall
- Deportation of undocumented immigrants
- Reinstated the Mexico City abortion policy
- Approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines
- Stop federal funding for “sanctuary cities”
- Gag orders/blackouts on federal parks, NASA, the EPA
- Endorsing torture
- Immediately took down links on civil rights, LGBTQ rights, and climate change from the White House website
- Threatening sanctions on Mexico
- Threatening liberal states in the U.S.
- Lying daily
- Staggeringly ignorant claims about mass voter fraud
Meanwhile, we have inched closer to midnight on the doomsday clock by 30 seconds; closer than we have been since 1953.
One week down, 207 to go. I don’t know about you, but I need a drink.
Here’s a lighter take on Trump’s executive orders during his first week as president from Trevor Noah on the Daily Show: